Mark all forum posts as read   [ help ]
» Welcome to TAMB Sunshine Appeal «

Topic Jump
<< Back Next >>
Multiple pages for this topic [ 1 2 3 ]
Forum moderated by: m1, m2, m3, m4, m5, m6

mcsheep

Fresh ideas

I've just managed to get about 10 laptops from my work.  They are about 3 years old but are decent machines.  Toshiba, CD and Disk drives, 4GB Hard drive, Pentium processor, modem with windows 95.  If whoever is looking after the collection can let me know where to drop these off we could have some Lithuanian site members very soon.

Total Posts: 21 | Joined Oct. 2002 | Posted on: 5:06 pm on Dec. 5, 2002 | IP
Ruary

GET A LIFE!!!

McSheep are these laptops available for the appeal?
What sort of money are we talking about for the appeal to buy them as I think they would be very warmly received by the homes both by the management and also by the kids if they were a reasonable price.
Please let me know.

-----
TAMB Sunshine Appeal show the true face of the Tartan Army remember "one beer less" can make one hell of a difference
The future is bright the future is Scottish

Total Posts: 2194 | Joined Sep. 2001 | Posted on: 5:09 pm on Dec. 5, 2002 | IP
mcsheep

Fresh ideas

Ruary,  the laptops are for the appeal and free to whatever homes over there you decide they can be put to best use in.

Total Posts: 21 | Joined Oct. 2002 | Posted on: 5:17 pm on Dec. 5, 2002 | IP
The Fella

Opinionated Wind Bag

McSheep -

That is an amazing donation, well done, brilliant!

-----
As long as there are Lassies, there will always be Fellas.

Total Posts: 223 | Joined Sep. 2002 | Posted on: 5:47 pm on Dec. 5, 2002 | IP
Ruary

GET A LIFE!!!

McSheep that is an absolutely fantastic gesture by you and your company.
Having visited that part of the world on over 50 ocasions I am absolutely positive that the homes we are contacting will be extremely grateful to receive such an item.
The generosity and response to the appeal has certainly been phenomenal and I for one feel a little humbled just by being involved in this show of humanity.

-----
TAMB Sunshine Appeal show the true face of the Tartan Army remember "one beer less" can make one hell of a difference
The future is bright the future is Scottish

Total Posts: 2194 | Joined Sep. 2001 | Posted on: 6:49 pm on Dec. 5, 2002 | IP
perthTam

GET A LIFE!!!

Agree that this an amazing donation!

One thought......would the appeal be better off selling them and using the money to buy more basic (appropriate?) items for the Lithuanian orphans/children?

PS I am not looking to buy one - I get enough fecking trouble aff the wrks one without wanting another....

-----
I'm dribbling Irn-Bru.......

Total Posts: 474 | Joined Feb. 2002 | Posted on: 8:48 pm on Dec. 5, 2002 | IP
TA Ealing

GET A LIFE!!!

if you need any help setting them up, getting them ready let me know - I do it for a living!

-----
postcount:=postcount+1

www.taealing.co.uk

Total Posts: 1877 | Joined Sep. 2001 | Posted on: 9:17 pm on Dec. 5, 2002 | IP
warwicktartanarmy

Opinionated Wind Bag

fantastic mcsheep ...

a very kind and generous donation indeed ...

well done ...

-----
.. Warwick Tartan Army ... Stand up and be counted ... I am !!

Total Posts: 223 | Joined Aug. 2002 | Posted on: 11:57 pm on Dec. 5, 2002 | IP
Le Mouton

GET A LIFE!!!

Well done dude!
Donations and offers of help are rollin in!

-----
"We meet again this week- a couple of vultures, three hawks and a bunch of chickens."

Total Posts: 894 | Joined Aug. 2002 | Posted on: 12:02 am on Dec. 6, 2002 | IP
MCTEAGLE

GET A LIFE!!!

Don't have a home PC myself, so if any were to be sold off to get funds for the appeal - I would be interested.

-----
18 years difference - still the record.http://www.mcteagle.co.uk

Total Posts: 515 | Joined Aug. 2002 | Posted on: 9:12 am on Dec. 6, 2002 | IP
mcsheep

Fresh ideas

Cheers for the offer TA Ealing, but managed to get them built up when we cleared them.
I'll just arrange to drop them off and then you can decide what to do with them to bring the most benefit as there appears to be some suggestions already.

Total Posts: 21 | Joined Oct. 2002 | Posted on: 11:51 am on Dec. 11, 2002 | IP
Mazzy

GET A LIFE!!!

Fantastic McSheep - where do you want to drop them off?  Hopefully someone near you would store them till they either get auctioned and taken over to Lithuania.
Are you going to Lithuania?  

-----
"D`ye think Pele had a pair of Predators?"   AP jnr

Total Posts: 874 | Joined May 2002 | Posted on: 12:01 pm on Dec. 11, 2002 | IP
mcsheep

Fresh ideas

Yeah i'm going to Lithuania, but it is via Riga, so if the laptops are heading over there then hopefully i could pass them on to somebody that has already organised for items to be transported.  I work over in Edinburgh so if there is anybody over this way that is handling collections that would be ideal.

Total Posts: 21 | Joined Oct. 2002 | Posted on: 2:01 pm on Dec. 11, 2002 | IP
Big Mick

GET A LIFE!!!

What an amazing gesture mcsheep. I'm sure that the lucky recipients of the laptops will be ecstatic.

-----
Form is temporary, class is permanent !

Total Posts: 688 | Joined Sep. 2001 | Posted on: 9:33 am on Dec. 12, 2002 | IP
fringo

GET A LIFE!!!

Quote: from Big Mick on 9:33 am on Dec. 12, 2002
What an amazing gesture mcsheep. I'm sure that the lucky recipients of the laptops will be ecstatic.

As above.............brilliant mcsheep and thanks to your work for doing this too

-----
"Those are my principles. If you don't like them I have others"Groucho Marx

Total Posts: 1296 | Joined Oct. 2001 | Posted on: 11:34 am on Dec. 13, 2002 | IP
danny divers

GET A LIFE!!!

could be speaking out of turn here, but not being able to place mcsheep, and after everyone thanking his work for a truly wonderful donation i think it only right to give them a mention on the board. so for the ones who don't know who has made the donation please let us know who we should be forwarding our thanks to them.

-----
LIFE IS LIKE AN ASHTRAY;
FULL OF LITTLE DOUBTS.
AWRABEST DANNY

Total Posts: 415 | Joined Sep. 2001 | Posted on: 2:25 am on Dec. 14, 2002 | IP
Ghaax

GET A LIFE!!!

No' out of turn at all DD. I know they're being replaced but it still good of the company......

........so mcsheep, oot wi' it. Who DO you work for??
Ah don't think anyone will mind them getting namechecked.

(Unless ye dinnae want tae admit who ye work for.... )

-----
Sometimes we bounce off the walls & sometimes we bounce off the floor................but we always bounce back.   KM

Total Posts: 1116 | Joined Sep. 2001 | Posted on: 4:08 pm on Dec. 14, 2002 | IP
ScottishMagpie

GET A LIFE!!!

You just need to check one thing.  Obviously any computer is useless without software on it - including the operating system.  You need to check the terms of the software license to see if it is transferrable - generally it isn't.  We tried to do something similar here and it proved to be unworkable & it'll be the receipient that gets into grief about it.

Remember, good cause or not - illegal use of software is theft.  

Total Posts: 285 | Joined Sep. 2001 | Posted on: 1:21 pm on Dec. 16, 2002 | IP
TA Ealing

GET A LIFE!!!

I had to do the software thing for our work when we were taken over by another company.  The Microsoft Windows 95 EULA states:

qWindows 95
Software Transfer.  You may permanently transfer all of your rights under this EULA only as part of a sale or transfer of the COMPUTER, provided you retain no copies, you transfer all of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT (including all component parts, the media and printed materials, any upgrades, this EULA and, if applicable, the Certificate(s) of Authenticity), AND the recipient agrees to the terms of this EULA.  If the SOFTWARE PRODUCT is an upgrade, any transfer must include all prior versions of the SOFTWARE PRODUCT.

So you can transfer the license for the OS.

-----
postcount:=postcount+1

www.taealing.co.uk

Total Posts: 1877 | Joined Sep. 2001 | Posted on: 1:46 pm on Dec. 16, 2002 | IP
ScottishMagpie

GET A LIFE!!!

Exactly Colin - including the original license, original media and original documentation, which is where generally it starts to get messy.  In case anyone is wondering why, its so that you can demonstrate that it is in fact a pukka copy.

Total Posts: 285 | Joined Sep. 2001 | Posted on: 1:51 pm on Dec. 16, 2002 | IP

Topic Jump
<< Back Next >>
Multiple pages for this topic [ 1 2 3 ]

© 2001/02 Tartan Army Message Board | Our Privacy Statement