Mark all forum posts as read   [ help ]
» Welcome to World Cup 2002 «

Topic Jump
<< Back Next >>
Multiple pages for this topic [ 1 2 ]
Forum moderated by: m1, m2, m3, m4, m5, m6

Kernaghan

GET A LIFE!!!

Oh dear. Not a very gracious post, ElGaucho. If Argentina were poor it was because we made them poor.

For the record, there was not ONE mention of the Falkland islands from presenters, pundits or commentators yesterday, even though some of you seemed to think they would talk about little else. In fact the only mentions of the 1982 conflict that I have heard have come from Argentines and scots.

Look here pal, English friends of mine fought in the Falklands so I don't take very kindly to your incorrect and offensive statement that "'we' only sent non-English men to the Falklands". That plain stinks.

And how exactly is Beckham a coward? He has had to put up with more sustained hatred and abuse than most people over the years... and look at him now. He (unlike you)has my complete respect

-----
I only need one cross on my flag

Total Posts: 997 | Joined Nov. 2001 | Posted on: 4:06 pm on June 8, 2002 | IP
William Wallace

GET A LIFE!!!

I bet he didnae have your full respect after his 'little flick' on Simeone.

-----
Scotland Forever England 0 - 1 Scotland (Wembley '99) Hutchinson (39')

Total Posts: 299 | Joined Jan. 2002 | Posted on: 4:18 pm on June 8, 2002 | IP
Ian L

Administrator

El Gaucho , please stop making your ill informed comments on the Falklands.
I have refrained from answering you before and despite asking you to stop mentioning it every post you make refers to it.
but if you insist on bringing up the war here goes.....
I know plenty of English people who were there,one of whom I grew up with and we both joined the navy on the same day, I left in 1979 ,when he came back from the Falklands after 4 months at sea with no heating and eating dry food he couldn't eat normal food for ages.
whatever the rights and wrongs its funny how the islanders want to stay british.
not so suprising when you read of the Falkland Islanders treatment who signed for Boca juniors.

My father was Scottish my mother is English,I find your ill-informed rubbish re. the Falklands very very offensive.
The English may be a lot of things but cowards they are certainly not.

I will have no hestation in wiping any similar comments from the board.
Ive left this one to show what an ill-informed idiot you are.
You talk about the UN, is that the same UN that watched while 1,000,000 people got hacked to death in Rwanda.

If the Falkland Islanders want to stay British why not let them, we probably dont have a right to the Islands but still doesnt make it right to invade the Island does it/, if you'd gone to the UN in the first place you may have avoided a lot of people dying needlessly.
I'd say its more about what the people living there want not what anybody else wants.

Like I said before stick to the football, after reading about some of your footballers comments and witnessing some of the stunts your players have pulled I'd say you just got what you deserved.
It was an Argentinian team, as previously discussed I think that makes you fall into the arrogant category.

I support Scotland and didnt cheer the victory, I didnt cheer Argentina either and Ive got to say Im not a fan of the way your players made references to the Falklands.

Ive got to hand it to Beckham he showed a lot of bottle
despite a lot of your players trying to put him off.

saying that I dont congratulate England at all, they've still got a long way to go.

you bleat on about the UN, is that why you had lots of Napalm ready to use against us, banned under the Geneva convention.

I think Brazil are in a class of their own at the moment and I do congratulate them,thanks for making the World cup a joy to watch.

one more thing ,every British serviceman/woman is  volunteer I felt very sorry for your soldiers and sailors who died needlessly, the belgrano was as much condemned here as it is by you.

I think you owe some people an apolgy but lets see who the real coward is.

and if anyone thinks this is being harsh on him please feel free to say so.

this is a board dedicated to the Scotland football team not the bloody falklands or malvinas
take yourself off to rightwingjunta.com
if you want to discuss the issue.
and I speak personally not as an administrator.

Total Posts: 421 | Joined Sep. 2001 | Posted on: 3:43 pm on June 9, 2002 | IP
Bzzzz

One and Only!

Cannae argue wi that IanL...
we're talking aboot football rivalry not bloody war...

ElGaucho, that is by far and away the most disgusting post I have ever seen on this board. As far as I am concerned you are no longer welcome on this board. You have totally missed the point of the Tartan Army Message Board and what we are all about.

IanL, yer right to leave that in so people can see what this guys about... sick and very embarassing.

(Edited by Bzzzz at 5:36 pm on June 9, 2002)

-----
Quia quamdiu Centum ex nobis viui remanserint, nuncquam Anglorum dominio aliquatenus volumus subiugari.

Total Posts: 2496 | Joined Sep. 2001 | Posted on: 5:26 pm on June 9, 2002 | IP
Ian L

Administrator

exactly, I tried to ask El Gaucho to stick to football,o.k bluntly,but he obviously sees it as relevant.
christ we give enough stick to others for bringing up wars , it has no place in Football.
BTW an Irish friend of mine told me that the reason the  German away is green is in tribute to the fact that Ireland were the first team to play them after WWII,most countries wouldn't play them.
To me my time away with the TA is to forget all the political and daily shit that goes on and have a good time and make friends with everyone we meet,including england fans.
The only interest I had in the game really was that Veron is in my midfield in my fantasy football team and I was gutted he went off at half time.

Hope the Wallace wasn't too bad for you, could have been worse,I walked into a pub full of England fans with
Vindaloo pumping out and a guy on the mike trying to get them going , what a bunch of boring fans. (did think of breaking into a chorus of what a sh i t e y home support but decided to protect my good looks)

OCH AYE KANU!!!

Total Posts: 421 | Joined Sep. 2001 | Posted on: 5:41 pm on June 9, 2002 | IP
Bzzzz

One and Only!

It wasnt too bad I guess, apart from the result, the banter wi the e*****h was a laugh... they had us a few times...
I still dont understand why the e*****h would want to watch an e*****d game in a Scottish pub when there are tonnes of e*****h pubs around. (Maybe they were there for the banter too!)
ach well, is great to see the Wallace back.

Yeh, that guy, ElGaucho, not welcome. Ive never heard anything so disgusting from anyone. Thats a line that I hope nobody gets near in this board again... I may post the ODD pish and the odd "pro-Scotland"() comment but I never have and would never dream of anything like that running through my HEAD nevermind my fingers and onto a public message board. Got to worry about the guy if he is prepared to post that kind of stuff and wonder why the hell he felt motivated into involving US in it!

-----
Quia quamdiu Centum ex nobis viui remanserint, nuncquam Anglorum dominio aliquatenus volumus subiugari.

Total Posts: 2496 | Joined Sep. 2001 | Posted on: 6:00 pm on June 9, 2002 | IP
ReekySporran

GET A LIFE!!!

I vote to ban both ElGaucho and CUFC from this board - Administrators?

The reason, this thread was started by CUFC as a pathetic and offensive rant and was having a serious go at every single one of us on this board, therefore he should no longer be made welcome, its gone past friendly rivalry. CUFC - f**k off.

As for ElGaucho, I thinks its already been said by IanL

-----
www.sporran-legion.co.uk

Total Posts: 464 | Joined Sep. 2001 | Posted on: 6:24 pm on June 9, 2002 | IP
Ian L

Administrator

I would agree with El Gaucho definitely although if he comes back and says sorry then I suppose fair enough.
CUFC , he does actually come back and say sorry later on although he knows himself he let himself down.
On the whole I think CUFC is o.k though and he did acknowledge that he was wrong.
I'll leave Mirza to ban El Gaucho though,as I hate to admit it I dont know how to.
I would prefer it if he admits the error of his ways and learns to see people as people.
As the great man said, "a mans a man for a' that".

Total Posts: 421 | Joined Sep. 2001 | Posted on: 6:36 pm on June 9, 2002 | IP
Lamia

GET A LIFE!!!

CUFC has been known to go off on one from time to time but I generally think he is a decent guy and does contribute to the board and helps balance the views.

I would rather ban Maurice Mann as he contributes nothing and all he does is have a go and makes inflamatory comments.

But I am not really bothered cos he's really just merely an irritant more than anything else An irritant with nothing interesting or constructive to say.

(Edited by Lamia at 6:50 pm on June 9, 2002)

-----
Three vermillion snakes of female face. The smallest motion, filled with grace.
"Rael welcome, we are the Lamia of the pool"

Total Posts: 1568 | Joined Dec. 2001 | Posted on: 6:47 pm on June 9, 2002 | IP
WillfaeSwindon

GET A LIFE!!!

"Now I know you boys aren't really used to watching decent football but if a player as quick as Owen runs past a defender who has his leg stuck out - it is a penalty. Simple as that"

Excuse my ignorance but doesnt there have to be contact????

"Contrast that with Argentina's laughable efforts to break us down"

Not suprising considering you played with 9 men plus the goalkeeper behind the ball from the minute that cheating little welshman fell over in the box!

(Edited by WillfaeSwindon at 7:01 pm on June 9, 2002)

-----
Will
willfaeswindon@swindontartanarmy.com
http://www.swindontartanarmy.com

Total Posts: 1824 | Joined Sep. 2001 | Posted on: 6:57 pm on June 9, 2002 | IP
VTA

Opinionated Wind Bag

"And how exactly is Beckham a coward? He has had to put up with more sustained hatred and abuse than most people over the years... and look at him now. He (unlike you)has my complete respect"

Indeed he has Kernie.  In England by the English and led by the English media.  I think you have a Scotsman - Sir Alex - to thank that Becks has overcome all that.  Just why a nation would try and ruin the future captain of their country's career is quite beyond me.  Our opinions and thoughts on England pale in comparison to the hatred your countrymen can inflict on one of your own.  I've no problems with a wee bit of banter between us but if you want to want to seek out the hatemongers you would do well looking closer to home.

Total Posts: 182 | Joined Sep. 2001 | Posted on: 9:46 pm on June 9, 2002 | IP
Kernaghan

GET A LIFE!!!

I agree 100% - I was not suggesting the scots had anything to do with it (but lest we forget, Gary McAllister...)

It's hard to tell just how many English agreed with all the shit that got thrown at him in 98-99, but I suspect it wasn't the majority. Certainly not the whole nation as you say. As ever, the disgusting minority shouted so loudly that the reasonable majority was drowned out. I for one never hated him for it. Most of the real vitriol seemed to be coming from West Ham, Man City, Leeds and Chelsea fans - no surprises there eh.

But you are right, our newspapers are extremely horrible and they influence a lot of impressible people (and I suspect it's that way around).

(Edited by Kernaghan at 9:59 pm on June 9, 2002)

-----

Total Posts: 997 | Joined Nov. 2001 | Posted on: 9:58 pm on June 9, 2002 | IP
ally

Opinionated Wind Bag

848 posts on this message board kernie....

and all about england - are you lost my friend?

Total Posts: 179 | Joined Jan. 2002 | Posted on: 2:45 am on June 10, 2002 | IP
Kernaghan

GET A LIFE!!!

I talk England with people who want to talk England. Like a lot of the lads and lasses here.

-----

Total Posts: 997 | Joined Nov. 2001 | Posted on: 10:14 am on June 10, 2002 | IP
WillfaeSwindon

GET A LIFE!!!

Kernie, point taken about McCallister but that was not the same sport let alone the same league as what Beckham was faced with. A minority of the crowd boing a player, to every national newpaper slagging him off, fans hanging ephagies with a noose, singing songs about hoping his wife and child die....hmmmm nice bunch, no really i mean that, honest guv.

-----
Will
willfaeswindon@swindontartanarmy.com
http://www.swindontartanarmy.com

Total Posts: 1824 | Joined Sep. 2001 | Posted on: 11:10 am on June 10, 2002 | IP
Mick North Croy

GET A LIFE!!!

Oh, and saying it is ME who as the inferiority issue - good one! I'm not the one obsessed with the result of a game between two foreign countries in a competition my team isn't playing in - am I?

No, but you seem to be obsessed with the views of people on a message board who support a football team in a country  foreign to you

if ye canny handle the banter and take it for what it is, then don`t come on and get yer knickers in a twist

just log off, and sit and sew some bells on yer troosers and then skip round yer maypole

yer blood pressure will go rocketing if ye dont settle down

-----
Mick.   Support the TAMB Kiddies Sunshine Appeal

Total Posts: 630 | Joined Sep. 2001 | Posted on: 9:58 pm on June 10, 2002 | IP
CUFC England

GET A LIFE!!!

I have apologised for my rant - and I do so again now. It was OTT and I can understand how it would wind people up.

I was honestly expecting us to get beaten and to get slaughtered on this board because of it - the euphoria probably made me come across as a bit of a t**t.

Not quite sure if  deserve to get banned for it though Reeky?

-----
Only 7 teams have done it.

Total Posts: 518 | Joined Feb. 2002 | Posted on: 10:13 am on June 11, 2002 | IP
amsterdam scot

Talks too much

Good to see you back on the board. I think having yourself and Kernie on here is only good as it stimulates debate and also brings a bit more balance to things at time.

PS yir teams still sh**e

Total Posts: 120 | Joined Oct. 2001 | Posted on: 10:58 am on June 11, 2002 | IP

Topic Jump
<< Back Next >>
Multiple pages for this topic [ 1 2 ]

© 2001/02 Tartan Army Message Board | Our Privacy Statement