Mark all forum posts as read   [ help ]
» Welcome to General «

Topic Jump
<< Back Next >>
Multiple pages for this topic [ 1 2 3 4 ]
Forum moderated by: m1, m2, m3, m4, m5, m6

ManAlive

Something to say

Perhaps you should wait and see if he actually plays - still two days to go.   He is one of the best players we have but if the supporters don't trust him fully he only has himself to blame

Total Posts: 60 | Joined Feb. 2002 | Posted on: 5:43 pm on Aug. 19, 2002 | IP
dean gordon

Opinionated Wind Bag

sky news just said he will play in the centre with lambert ,will have to wait and see

-----
god made scotland first and put all the rubbish below

Total Posts: 190 | Joined Feb. 2002 | Posted on: 5:49 pm on Aug. 19, 2002 | IP
john b lyons

Opinionated Wind Bag

Andy Mitchell..............thank you for your post as it saved me going on and saying something I might have regretted. Fergusson is a player we could ill afford to lose and did not deserve most of the comments posted. Disappointed in a lot of people who should know better  

-----
Tartan Army Sittingbourne (Kent) - all one of me !
Nemo me impune lacessit !

Total Posts: 238 | Joined Mar. 2002 | Posted on: 6:20 pm on Aug. 19, 2002 | IP
Aitchy

Opinionated Wind Bag

I'm a little confused. Maybe I'm wrong but Andy Mitchell has contributed to this site a few times before, I'm sure more than six times, and certainly well before July 2002, which is when he apparently registered under the name Scottish FA. Now, maybe he forgot his password. Maybe I'm talking pash. Maybe someone is pretending to be him. Maybe I should know better than to deal in conjecture!

-----
England cannae dae it cos they didnae qualify...

Total Posts: 154 | Joined Nov. 2001 | Posted on: 6:27 pm on Aug. 19, 2002 | IP
weekevie

GET A LIFE!!!

If he does play that's great news,Barry's  a real talent although i hate him when he's in that awful blue of glasgow rangers(no offense folks) long time Partick Thistle Supporter(only 1 team in glasgow remember)  But he wears that blue the nice Scotland blue, he's a hero.

I Can't wait to see Lambo and him in midfield, We missed Lambo for the qualifiers against England and I Think if those 2 played together we'd have go to the euro championships.

I think they 2 , the best 2 scottsih players goign kicking it off in midfield, i canne wait.

Total Posts: 343 | Joined Jan. 2002 | Posted on: 6:43 pm on Aug. 19, 2002 | IP
Scottish FA

Fresh ideas

Aitchy can rest easy.  I forgot my password over the summer holidays, and had to re-register.  It really is me.

-----
Andy Mitchell
Head of Communications
SFA

Total Posts: 8 | Joined July 2002 | Posted on: 7:12 pm on Aug. 19, 2002 | IP
john b lyons

Opinionated Wind Bag

Andy,  there is `Lost Password` retrieval system at the top of the page, all you have to do is ask it and magically within several hours you can be back as yourself!

-----
Tartan Army Sittingbourne (Kent) - all one of me !
Nemo me impune lacessit !

Total Posts: 238 | Joined Mar. 2002 | Posted on: 8:40 pm on Aug. 19, 2002 | IP
WillfaeSwindon

GET A LIFE!!!

Probably better as Scottish FA..... looks more official

-----
Will
willfaeswindon@swindontartanarmy.com
http://www.swindontartanarmy.com

Total Posts: 2282 | Joined Sep. 2001 | Posted on: 8:44 pm on Aug. 19, 2002 | IP
Aitchy

Opinionated Wind Bag

Quote: from Scottish FA on 7:12 pm on Aug. 19, 2002
Aitchy can rest easy.  I forgot my password over the summer holidays, and had to re-register.  It really is me.

Classic!!! I needed that chuckle. Good lad!

-----
England cannae dae it cos they didnae qualify...

Total Posts: 154 | Joined Nov. 2001 | Posted on: 8:46 pm on Aug. 19, 2002 | IP
TartanTeddy

Opinionated Wind Bag

I see that wee malingerer McGuire faining injury....how long until these Dons players realise that playing for Scotland is an honour!!

I wasn't going to put a message on this subject because I found some of the earlier comments revulsive. Barry has stated publicaly that he wants to play for Scotland. He pulled out a number of games last season for both Rangers and Scotland. Played for his club with cortezone injections and probably shouldn't have for such a young and talented player.

McCann hasn't featured for Rangers this season and wasn't in the last two squads so he's hardly feigning injury. Lovenkrands (and I'm not sure why you want him to play as he's not Scottish and I don't care about our opposition and their injury problems) is in the squad. Mo Ross I believe(although I stand to be corrected) is in the U21 squad as are a number of the other young Gers.

Matteo is out but played on Saturday and might be back for Leeds next week.  He along with Barry (and Hughes, Ross etc.) have committed to the national squad. Why shouldn't they recieve the same treatment.

As for the comment above stating that Barry missed a sitter and went of injured against Belgium. That beggers belief. He was one of the reasons we were two up (not even going to mention it was a Rangers player that scored both goals) as were the other ten on the pitch.

If you don't like Rangers I have no problem with that (even though I was rooting for Aberdeen and dare I say Celtic in europe last week). But if you feel like describing one of our national squad as a wee shite..or whatever then I really wish you would go off and join Kernie and CUFC. Barry could announce he didn't want to play if he wanted but he doesn't. WHY. Because he is commited to playing for the Scottish team. 100% Unlike the less than 100% backing some of you give the squad!

I'll be at Hampden on Wednesday screaming on Celtic and Aberdeen players playing in navy blue. I reserve my prejudices for the SPL and give all the lads who state they want to play for Scotland 100% support.

Maybe I'm the odd one out.

Scotland (all of us) forever

TT

And yes I'm pissed off!

-----
Smarter than your average bear!

Total Posts: 190 | Joined Mar. 2002 | Posted on: 9:12 pm on Aug. 19, 2002 | IP
Lost It

GET A LIFE!!!

Well said TT.

I see some similarity between Ferguson and Paul McStay. Although Paul McStay turned up to the Squad...he just diddnae play when he got on the Park:laugh:

Ferguson, will be judged in the fullness of time and has a lot of years yet to be judged.

-----
Scotland First !!!Your'e a lang time deid!!

Total Posts: 449 | Joined Mar. 2002 | Posted on: 9:23 pm on Aug. 19, 2002 | IP
WillfaeSwindon

GET A LIFE!!!

Gotta say I agree TT. I think the problem has been made a wee bit worse by Bazza playing games for Rangers when injured with the injections and not for Scotland but Its not really suprising that the club wouldnt want a player to make a problem worse by playing in a game that didnt involve them. I think Barry has been extremly unlucky with injuries and i do honestly think that it is just a coincidence that SOME of them have been around scotland games. Here's to a fully fit Ferguson giving the Danes a run-around on Wednesday night.

-----
Will
willfaeswindon@swindontartanarmy.com
http://www.swindontartanarmy.com

Total Posts: 2282 | Joined Sep. 2001 | Posted on: 9:24 pm on Aug. 19, 2002 | IP
TartanTeddy

Opinionated Wind Bag

Lads (WFS, LI and of course John B)

You restore my faith and I thank you for that.

To the others, it might be worth noting that Der Terrier has made Barry Vice Captain. I know this will be a big leap for some of you but maybe they have met and discused the future and young Barry's ambitions re the national team. Maybe Bertie is informd and not prone to knee jerk rabid prejudice or conspiracy theories. Hard (for you) to believe I know, but then again some Bluenoses can use cutlery!!

TT

I am less pissed of now but still capable of manic ranting

-----
Smarter than your average bear!

Total Posts: 190 | Joined Mar. 2002 | Posted on: 9:32 pm on Aug. 19, 2002 | IP
coullzer

Talks too much

Tell him if he cant manage this game he cant manage the faroes game then he will have to think twice in the future

-----
He obviously meant it!!! (RONALDINHO)

Total Posts: 112 | Joined Feb. 2002 | Posted on: 9:34 pm on Aug. 19, 2002 | IP
ReekySporran

GET A LIFE!!!

I can't believe some fowk are seriously suggesting we tell our best player to feck off, they will be the same people who wanted Berti to ask Duncan Ferguson back!

There was no reason for Berti to ask him to play last season with injections for meaningless friendly matches, he has said as much.

I can see the Barry Frguson not only has 11 opposition players up against him, but sections of the TA as well.

GET A GRIP!

-----
www.sporran-legion.co.uk

Total Posts: 747 | Joined Sep. 2001 | Posted on: 9:43 pm on Aug. 19, 2002 | IP
Joncutler

Fresh ideas

Bertis first game at Hampden and already we've got folk dissing a player.  No mention from these folk about Matteo who pulled out the squad today he is injured so should Vogts apply the 5 day rule so he can't play for Leeds this weekend.  Is it just because he plays for Rangers that some people have a problem?

-----
Geoff Thomas through on goal he must score

Total Posts: 47 | Joined April 2002 | Posted on: 10:06 pm on Aug. 19, 2002 | IP
simmo

Fresh ideas

Let's just hope that the boys get a good result and that we can contribute to that result by giving the lads 150% support, the support that we know we are all capable off giving!! If Fergie plays all the better but if not I am sure there are players itching to play in his place will give there all!!!

Total Posts: 9 | Joined Aug. 2002 | Posted on: 10:09 pm on Aug. 19, 2002 | IP
coullzer

Talks too much

Didnt relise matteo was out the 5 day rule should be applied friendly or not

-----
He obviously meant it!!! (RONALDINHO)

Total Posts: 112 | Joined Feb. 2002 | Posted on: 10:10 pm on Aug. 19, 2002 | IP
jimbers

GET A LIFE!!!

I somtimes question the comitment of some of Bazza I would want to see him banned for 5days

Matteo is a good defender and needs match practice!!

Total Posts: 503 | Joined Mar. 2002 | Posted on: 10:26 pm on Aug. 19, 2002 | IP
weekevie

GET A LIFE!!!

Firstly I Hope Barry plays as he's a quality player, Scotland's finest player at this present time i feel, Well Lambert and him but Lamber's 33 now whilst barry is 24/25.  When it comes to SPL I Can't stand him but like everyone else and other players they hate but like TT I'll get behind all scottish teams in Europe and Barry when he pulls on the navy blue for Scotland and Rangers in Europe.

I'am really looking fwd to seeing Lambo and Bazza in mid on wed night.. fingers crossed, it all goes well.

Total Posts: 343 | Joined Jan. 2002 | Posted on: 10:45 pm on Aug. 19, 2002 | IP

Topic Jump
<< Back Next >>
Multiple pages for this topic [ 1 2 3 4 ]

© 2001/02 Tartan Army Message Board | Our Privacy Statement