Mark all forum posts as read   [ help ]
» Welcome to General «

Topic Jump
<< Back Next >>
Multiple pages for this topic [ 1 2 3 4 ]
Forum moderated by: m1, m2, m3, m4, m5, m6

the boykerr

Opinionated Wind Bag

i agree that we shouldnae expect tae be ranked No1 but 60th??  i mean we lost just 1 game in qualifying for the WC and missed Euro 2000 by a midge's baw hair!!  if new zealand are 47th, surely we would fancy oor chances against them!

-----
SCOTTISH NOT BR*TISH

Total Posts: 224 | Joined Dec. 2001 | Posted on: 4:19 pm on Aug. 15, 2002 | IP
Maurice Mann

Something to say

Quote: if new zealand are 47th, surely we would fancy oor chances against them!

Yes, but do you fancy your chances against Iceland? They're six places above you.

There surely can't be too many complaints about your current ranking. You've not qualified for the last two tournaments, you got thumped by South Korea and France....

Need I go on?

Total Posts: 80 | Joined Feb. 2002 | Posted on: 7:06 pm on Aug. 15, 2002 | IP
ReekySporran

GET A LIFE!!!

A Maurice, what a wheeze! England couldn't beat Greece, nor South Korea, nor Cameroon, nor Sweden (again) and got humped by Brazil, yet you are in the top 10 - hows that?????

-----
www.sporran-legion.co.uk

Total Posts: 747 | Joined Sep. 2001 | Posted on: 7:28 pm on Aug. 15, 2002 | IP
Bluebell Polka

Something to say

Whit happened to Colombia - were they no fourth in the last list...

and do we no get points for beating the Hong Kong pub XI or Dundee Utd???

-----
We'll be coming...

Total Posts: 62 | Joined June 2002 | Posted on: 7:56 pm on Aug. 15, 2002 | IP
weekevie

GET A LIFE!!!

I Think the FIFA Rankings are about right for us, We are right but some teams e.g England,Trinidad,Iraq,Ivory Coast,etc are wrong. but i agree who have we beaten recently> not much hopefully a nice win against denmark will go down well. c'mon scotland

Total Posts: 343 | Joined Jan. 2002 | Posted on: 8:21 pm on Aug. 15, 2002 | IP
WillfaeSwindon

GET A LIFE!!!

hmmmmm MM..... our reserve/youth sides got humped. Still we have never conceded a goal against the team ranked 161st in the world!

-----
Will
willfaeswindon@swindontartanarmy.com
http://www.swindontartanarmy.com

Total Posts: 2282 | Joined Sep. 2001 | Posted on: 9:34 pm on Aug. 15, 2002 | IP
Kernaghan

GET A LIFE!!!

Quote: from ReekySporran on 7:28 pm on Aug. 15, 2002
A Maurice, what a wheeze! England couldn't beat Greece, nor South Korea, nor Cameroon, nor Sweden (again) and got humped by Brazil, yet you are in the top 10 - hows that?????

Humped? When were we humped? We had one chance and scored one goal, they had two chances and scored two. Fair-and-square defeat, but a humping it warn't.

We could beat Greece, actually, and the favourites for the World Cup, and the team that knocked out the World Champions, and the team that came closer than most people expected to winning the final .

But you're right... we're crap .

-----
one cross

Total Posts: 1296 | Joined Nov. 2001 | Posted on: 9:48 pm on Aug. 15, 2002 | IP
WillfaeSwindon

GET A LIFE!!!

"We could beat Greece" Aye and their solitary away point was collected where??? hmmm cant remember.

-----
Will
willfaeswindon@swindontartanarmy.com
http://www.swindontartanarmy.com

Total Posts: 2282 | Joined Sep. 2001 | Posted on: 10:08 pm on Aug. 15, 2002 | IP
Neutral Observer

Opinionated Wind Bag

Quote: from ReekySporran on 10:30 pm on Aug. 14, 2002
As I said on the Kevin Kyle thread:

47th New Zealand!!!!!!!!!!!!

With the circus sideshow that is the Oceanic World Cup qualifying section (need I remind anyone about the Aussies and their 53 goals over 2 games in the same week), is it any great surprise the Oceanic champs do well off the World Ranknigs?

-----
'Are you not entertained? Is that not why you are here?'

Total Posts: 217 | Joined April 2002 | Posted on: 11:21 pm on Aug. 15, 2002 | IP
Kernaghan

GET A LIFE!!!

Quote: from WillfaeSwindon on 10:08 pm on Aug. 15, 2002
"We could beat Greece" Aye and their solitary away point was collected where??? hmmm cant remember.

Neither can I. I suppose it will remain a mystery

I meant in Athens, where we spanked them on the bottom. At home... we did enough, unlike certain countries I could mention :haha:

But enough of this tomfoolery. Portugal awaits!

-----
one cross

Total Posts: 1296 | Joined Nov. 2001 | Posted on: 12:34 am on Aug. 16, 2002 | IP
Ross

GET A LIFE!!!

I really don't understand how people can say our ranking is right while others are wrong!  The rankings are either right or wrong and in my view they are most definately pish!! We may not have qualified for the last few tourneys but Iceland have never qualified yet they   are ranked higher than us!!!!! How is that right???  New Zealand???
Why do people have to be so phuckin negative??? Is it just me who thinks we can win whenever we play or does everyone else just go for a booze?????

(Edited by Ross at 2:25 am on Aug. 16, 2002)

-----
Who Are Ya!?

Total Posts: 358 | Joined Sep. 2001 | Posted on: 2:22 am on Aug. 16, 2002 | IP
craig smith

GET A LIFE!!!

I just go for the booze

-----
BRING STICKS!

Total Posts: 389 | Joined Jan. 2002 | Posted on: 9:09 am on Aug. 16, 2002 | IP
themongoose

Opinionated Wind Bag

Quote: from Kernaghan on 11:58 pm on Aug. 14, 2002
Glug glug...

Some of us have already arrived, Bzzzz

But Dundee... heaven... surely no...

Hey Kernie, now that I've established you are living in our fine city how's about coming down to the Railway on Wednesday afternoon for a wee bevvy prior to our trip to Hampden. After all it's only down the road from the Uni and after all these posts you've got under your name surely you must be just dying to meet some fellow TAMBERS?

-----
Unhook the West Port and let him gae free
For it's up wi' the bonnets o' Bonnie Dundee

Total Posts: 212 | Joined Mar. 2002 | Posted on: 12:38 pm on Aug. 16, 2002 | IP
tommyt

Something to say

Look you get the odd blip in the rankings, no questions about that, but they are based solely on games played over the past few years with more important games and most recent games given  a higher weighting, and you also get bonus points if you beat good teams.

As a rule of thumb ask yourself - how many teams above us have we beat recently and how many below us have beaten us in the last 3 years - the answer, as far as I can see, is we beat englnad in late 99 and since then we have always lost or drawn with higher opposition and have never lost to folk lower in the list.

Also this is our worst ranking ever, that feels about right as Berti has been more concerend with performnaces than results, and we have dropped 40 places in a little over 18 months, but that also feels about right as we havent beaten just about anyone in that time.

Total Posts: 55 | Joined Oct. 2001 | Posted on: 12:57 pm on Aug. 16, 2002 | IP
weekevie

GET A LIFE!!!

Although Iceland haven't qualified for a major tournament . I Would say right now they are a better side than us, they've managed to draw with France,and they beat Czech Republic too.

Total Posts: 343 | Joined Jan. 2002 | Posted on: 7:13 pm on Aug. 16, 2002 | IP
Joncutler

Fresh ideas

Is it the same people who work out the rankings that awarded Ferdinand the goal against Denmark?

-----
Geoff Thomas through on goal he must score

Total Posts: 47 | Joined April 2002 | Posted on: 9:04 pm on Aug. 16, 2002 | IP
Rowie

Fresh ideas

Iceland got beat by Northern Ireland 3-0 in their last qualifier and no offence, but they are phukin awful!!!

-----
'Who would have thought it? A 2-1 win over Belgium, we're going tae the World............s@#t!'

Total Posts: 36 | Joined Jan. 2002 | Posted on: 11:17 pm on Aug. 16, 2002 | IP
jimbers

GET A LIFE!!!

yes but that was at Windsor Park were playing them at their place remember!!!

Its a tough game I want Berti to install the beleif that Away draw are not an option though!

Total Posts: 503 | Joined Mar. 2002 | Posted on: 11:27 pm on Aug. 16, 2002 | IP
Kernaghan

GET A LIFE!!!

Jimbers, I'd take all the away draws I could get if I were Berti.

-----
one cross

Total Posts: 1296 | Joined Nov. 2001 | Posted on: 11:51 pm on Aug. 16, 2002 | IP
footsoldier

GET A LIFE!!!

Our home games might be at Windsor Park if this Celtic Nations team gets off the ground

-----
"We look to Scotland for all our ideas of civilization." - Voltaire

Total Posts: 353 | Joined Sep. 2001 | Posted on: 11:59 pm on Aug. 16, 2002 | IP

Topic Jump
<< Back Next >>
Multiple pages for this topic [ 1 2 3 4 ]

© 2001/02 Tartan Army Message Board | Our Privacy Statement